Top 5 Scenic views
- I’m probably the only person in the world who doesn’t care much for sunsets, you know, they’re pretty and all, but even with a cocktail in my hard, my attention only lasts a few moments looking at one. ADD maybe? However, I think this sunset in Roatan Island, Hondorus was worth taking. It just makes me think of everything this hard city life isn’t. Peaceful, no? 🙂
- Even though it was winter, and the land was a bit barren and dead, looking over China from the Great Wall was amazing! We trekked 10kms along the top of it stopping very turret or so to snap pictures of the brickwork winding its way over the mountaintops. I hope I can go back in summer one day to see how it looking with a bit of greenery, but the -5 degrees windchill gave me a lot to remember!
- For many people a trip up the Eiffel Tower is a must-do while in Paris. Personally, I don’t see the point. Once you are up there, you can’t see the tower anymore! I think the most scenic place in Paris is actually up the Montpanarsse Tower, from there, you can not only look over the whole city, but enjoy a fabulous lunch without a 3 hour que. Winning!
- No list would be complete without a shot of a “wonder of the world”… I have been to the Pyramids of Giza, and frankly, left disappointed (Who knew they were so, uh, small? and right by a city?!) But as cliché as it is, Machu Picchu, in Peru, really did take my breath away! My pictures aren’t amazing, hey, I never claimed to be any good with a camera, but in person, at 5am, after a night on the Pisco, it was beautiful!
- My final top scenic view, has to be from Norway. Nothing comes close to being more beautiful when it comes to natural scenery… well, New Zealand’s South Island comes pretty close, but Norway was crazy amazing! After a 3 hour hike over the fjords I reached the Kjeragbolten rock in Lysefjord, just outside Stavanger on the West coast of the country. Risking life and all four limbs, I climbed onto the rock for the obligatory photo, knees knocking, but glad I done it- The view was amazing!!